Chocolate Tipped Accordian Strips
|Eggs||3 , unbeaten|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sifted cake flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|No-melt chocolate glaze|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|No melt unsweetened chocolate||4 Ounce (Use 2 Envelopes, 2 Ounces Each)|
Make anytime up to 3 days ahead:
1. Tear off 27 inches of heavy-duty foil; fold in half lengthwise; then fold, crosswise, into 1-inch pleats; lay on ungreased cookie sheet. Pull these accordian pleats apart a bit.
2. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
3. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat eggs with sugar until light and fluffy; gradually beat in flour and lemon peel. Mix well.
4. Brush accordian pleats slightly with melted butter; drop a rounded tablespoonful of cookie dough in center of each (dough will spread in baking).
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Let cool 10 minutes; then remove from foil to wire racks. Scrape all crumbs from foil pleats; turn on other side and repeat with rest of dough.
7. When cookies are cool, dip or spread both ends of each cookie, about 1 1/2 to 2 inches in, with No-Melt Chocolate Glaze. Place on wire racks, with wax paper below, to dry. Store in cakebox. Makes 2 dozen. no-melt chocolate glaze: In small saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine; stir in 2 envelopes (2 ounces) no-melt unsweetened chocolate; then with spoon, beat in 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar and 1/4 cup hot water until smooth.