|Soft shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground blanched almonds||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Confectioners' sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Make, then freeze this dough:
1. In large bowl, with mixer at high speed, cream shortening with butter and granulated sugar until verv light and fluffy. Stir in almonds. Combine flour with salt; stir into shortening mixture.
2. Freezer-wrap and freeze dough until needed (up to one week).
1. Unwrap frozen dough; let thaw at room temperature until firm, but pliable.
2. Start heating oven to 325Â°F.
3. On wax paper, lightly floured if needed, with hands roll a small portion of dough (refrigerate rest) into a roll 1/2 inch thick; cut it into 4-inch lengths. Then, with fingers, shape each length into a crescent. Place on un-greased cookie sheets.
4. Bake about 10 minutes, or until set, but not brown.
5. Remove very carefully, while hot, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar combined with cinnamon; let cool on wire racks.
6. Repeat with rest of dough. Store in tightly-covered container. Makes about 4 dozen.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2958 Calories from Fat 1804
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 205 g314.8%
Saturated Fat 84.2 g421.2%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 244.1 mg81.4%
Sodium 505.5 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 259 g86.3%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.1%
Sugars 96.3 g
Protein 26 g52.6%
Vitamin A 56.9% Vitamin C 0.16%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 55.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet