|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners' sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Instant-type flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Double-acting baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frosting||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Decorating Or Other Favorite Frosting)|
|Liquid food color||2 Drop|
|Sugars||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Red And Green Tinted)|
|Multicolored nonpareils||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Silver dragees||1 Teaspoon|
Make any time up to 2 weeks ahead:
1. In medium bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter with sugar until creamy; beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
2. Stir flour with cinnamon and baking powder. Beat into sugar mixture with lemon peel. Refrigerate dough several hours, or overnight if possible; or put in freezer to firm up dough.
3. Meanwhile, from cardboard, cut a bell pattern, 4 1/2 inches high by 3 1/2 inches wide at widest point.
4. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
5. On floured, cloth-covered surface, roll out one-half of dough as thinly as possible. Use floured bell pattern to cut out cookies, rerolling as needed. Place on well-greased cookie sheets. Repeat.
6. Bake 7 to 9 minutes.
7. Cool on wire racks. When cool, frost cookies as follows: Divide Decorating Frosting or other favorite frosting among 5 paper cups; to each add a few drops of a different food color. Using small paintbrushes, or pastry bag with plain writing tube number 5, decorate cookies; sprinkle with tinted sugars, nonpareils, or dragees, as pictured, or design your own. When set, store in loosely-covered container. Makes 4 dozen.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3750 Calories from Fat 1152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 130 g200.2%
Saturated Fat 66.6 g333.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 665.3 mg221.8%
Sodium 678.3 mg28.3%
Total Carbohydrates 625 g208.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.2%
Sugars 391.8 g
Protein 38 g76%
Vitamin A 66.1% Vitamin C 16.2%
Calcium 29.4% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet