Triple Treats Cookies
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Soft shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed|
|Eggs||2 , unbeaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely snipped|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened chocolate||1 Ounce (1 envelope, no-melt)|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Make, freeze dough up to 1 month ahead:
1. Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
2. In large bowl, with mixer at high speed, cream shortening until light and fluffy. At medium speed, add granulated sugar and brown sugar, beating until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended.
3. At low speed, add half of flour mixture, then milk, then rest of flour.
4. Place dough in freezer container; freezer-wrap and freeze.
On baking day:
1. Allow unwrapped dough to thaw at room temperature until pliable. Divide into three equal parts.
2. Start heating oven to 400Â°F.
3. Into first third of dough stir cinnamon and dates. To second third of dough add almond extract. To last third, add no-melt chocolate, water, and coconut.
4. For each cookie, drop about a half teaspoonful of each dough onto greased cookie sheets so that three doughs just touch each other, forming a triangle. Top almond-flavored portion of dough with sliver of maraschino cherry.
5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned and done.
6. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in tightly-covered container. Makes about 4 dozen.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4627 Calories from Fat 2317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 264 g406.6%
Saturated Fat 90.4 g452.2%
Trans Fat 27 g
Cholesterol 434.3 mg144.8%
Sodium 2952.8 mg123%
Total Carbohydrates 534 g178.1%
Dietary Fiber 29.3 g117.1%
Sugars 265.8 g
Protein 57 g114.4%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 109.6% Iron 140.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet