Coconut Oatmeal Refrigerator Cookies
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Soft shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs) (part butter)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), packed|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , unbeaten|
|Uncooked quick cooking rolled oats||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Sift flour with baking soda and salt.
2. Cream shortening until light and fluffy, gradually adding sugars. Add eggs; beat well. Blend in flour mixture, then rolled oats gradually. Stir in pecans and coconut.
3. Shape dough into 3 rolls, 2 inches in diameter; wrap each in wax paper. Refrigerate at least 24 hours.
1. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
2. Slice dough 1/8 to 14 inch thick. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 10 minutes, or until done. Makes 6 dozen.