Lemon Snap Cookies Low Calorie
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Grated lemon peel||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In medium bowl cream together butter with sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg, lemon peel and lemon juice.
2. Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Add gradually to sugar mixture; mix until smooth. Refrigerate until firmâ€”1 to 2 hours.
3. Start heating oven to 400Â°F.
4. On well-floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness. With 2-inch round or favorite cookie cutter, cut out cookies. Place on lightly-greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake 6 to 8 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Makes about 6 or 7 dozen. (30 calories per cookie)
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2495 Calories from Fat 870
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g152.3%
Saturated Fat 59.8 g298.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 453.4 mg151.1%
Sodium 770.5 mg32.1%
Total Carbohydrates 369 g123.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34.1%
Sugars 152.1 g
Protein 37 g73.1%
Vitamin A 61.3% Vitamin C 39.1%
Calcium 29.4% Iron 79.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet