Spiced Cookie Lollipops
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Confectioners' sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Red food color||1|
|Green food color||1|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||48|
|Red gumdrops||24 (tiny)|
Make several days ahead:
1. In medium bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter with granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well, then beat in molasses.
2. Sift flour with salt, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Add to sugar mixture, alternately with water, at low speed, and beating smooth after each addition.
3. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
4. Drop batter, by heaping tablespoonfuls, about 4 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheet. Insert a lollipop stick into each with a twisting motion.
5. Bake about 10 minutes.
6. Let cool on cookie sheet 1 minute, then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
7. When cool, frost, as pictured, with confectioners' sugar mixed with a little water, then tinted pink or green. Decorate with chocolate pieces as eyes, tips of red gumdrops for noses, and rest of red gumdrops for mouths. Makes about 2 dozen.