In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make her quick and easy Dark Chocolate Wheat Thins Sandwich Cookies. These are a delicious contrast of sweet and salty and also crunchy and chewy. They make a great (pickup) finger food dessert for your party--and oh, so super easy!
Wheat thin crackers
Semisweet chocolate chips
13 Ounce (nutella)
1. In a double boiler, place the semisweet chocolate chips, allow it to melt.
2. Top a flat tray with waxed paper.
2. Evenly spread nutella on the flat side of the wheat thin cracker, cap it with another wheat thin cracker with its flat side down.
3. Repeat the same process to make several wheat thin cracker sandwiches.
4. Using a small tongue, dip the wheat thin cracker sandwiches one by one in the melted semisweet chocolate, place them on the tray covered with waxed paper.
5. Serve as a dessert finger food.
The quantity of ingredients required will depend on the number of cookies you want to prepare.
Chocolate sandwich cookies don't have to be always for the kids as this simple yet sumptuous dish will prove. Here's a lip-smacking, sweet-tooth satisfying chocolate treat that can make for a great finger food dessert for your holiday bash. It's sweet-salty, crunchy-chewy textures make sure that you fall in love with it. And it's so super-easy that you will just look for excuses to make this treat at home.
Calories 821 Calories from Fat 355
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.7%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g60.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 514.1 mg21.4%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 55.4 g
Protein 11 g22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Betty's Dark Chocolate Wheat Thins Sandwich Cookie Recipe Video