|Soft shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||18 Tablespoon (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate covered raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (packaged)|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Make a few days ahead:
1. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
2. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat shortening with brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4. Sift flour with salt and baking soda. At low speed, beat flour mixture into shortening-sugar mixture until batter is smooth. Then fold in raisins and walnuts.
5. Drop, by teaspoonfuls, onto greased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until they are lightly browned. Remove to wire rack to cool. Makes 2 1/2 to 3 dozen.