|Soft shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||18 Tablespoon (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate covered raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (packaged)|
|Coarsely chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Make a few days ahead:
1. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
2. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat shortening with brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4. Sift flour with salt and baking soda. At low speed, beat flour mixture into shortening-sugar mixture until batter is smooth. Then fold in raisins and walnuts.
5. Drop, by teaspoonfuls, onto greased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until they are lightly browned. Remove to wire rack to cool. Makes 2 1/2 to 3 dozen.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3226 Calories from Fat 1292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 146 g224.3%
Saturated Fat 34.2 g170.9%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 1792.1 mg74.7%
Total Carbohydrates 438 g146.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.6%
Sugars 228.8 g
Protein 44 g88.2%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 29.5% Iron 83.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet