King Size Ginger Snaps
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||3 Teaspoon|
|Soft vegetable shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Light molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
2. Sift flour with salt, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, and baking soda.
3. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, cream shortening until light and fluffy, gradually adding sugar. Blend in egg and molasses; stir in flour mixture until well blended.
4. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar. Place, 3 inches apart, on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten with fingers; sprinkle with more sugar.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Let stand a minute before removing to wire racks to cool. Store in tightly-covered container; these keep wonderfully well. Makes 18.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3450 Calories from Fat 1434
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 162 g249.7%
Saturated Fat 40.7 g203.3%
Trans Fat 20.2 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 5198.8 mg216.6%
Total Carbohydrates 477 g159%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.9%
Sugars 262.9 g
Protein 33 g65.4%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 32.4% Iron 97.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet