King Size Ginger Snaps
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||3 Teaspoon|
|Soft vegetable shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Light molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
2. Sift flour with salt, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, and baking soda.
3. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, cream shortening until light and fluffy, gradually adding sugar. Blend in egg and molasses; stir in flour mixture until well blended.
4. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar. Place, 3 inches apart, on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten with fingers; sprinkle with more sugar.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Let stand a minute before removing to wire racks to cool. Store in tightly-covered container; these keep wonderfully well. Makes 18.