Lemon Curved Cookies
|Soft sweet butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), roughly ground in blender|
|Lemon extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 , rind grated|
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or oil lightly.
3. In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and flurry. Add egg whites and beat for a few seconds.
4. Fold in flour, then fold in ground almonds, lemon extract and lemon rind.
5. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls at least 4 inches (10 cm) apart on prepared baking sheets. With the back of a spoon, spread into 3-inch (7-cm) circles.
6. Bake in oven for 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned around edges.
7. With a long spatula, remove cookies immediately and drape them over a rolling pin to form a curved shape. If cookies harden before you can remove them all from the cookie sheet, return them to the oven for a few seconds, and they will soften again. Store in an airtight container.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1257 Calories from Fat 640
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g113.8%
Saturated Fat 32.9 g164.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129 mg43%
Sodium 122.6 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 141 g47%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.4%
Sugars 103.3 g
Protein 21 g42.8%
Vitamin A 30.4% Vitamin C 74.4%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet