Sugarbush Tree Lollipops
|Puffed rice||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Green food color||2 Drop|
|Purchased decorator icing in tubes||1 (assorted)|
|Candy dots||1 Tablespoon|
|Chocolate sprinkles||1 Tablespoon|
|Colored sugars||1 Tablespoon|
Make about 1 week ahead:
1. Start heating oven to 400Â°F.
2. In shallow baking pan, heat puffed rice in oven for 5 minutes; turn into large greased bowl.
3. In double boiler, over hot water, melt butter with marshmallows, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn syrup, then beat with spoon until smooth. Pour over hot puffed rice, tossing rice with fork until all is well coated.
4. Now, if desired, color wooden skewers by brushing each with a few drops green food color dissolved in 3 tablespoons water. Grease 1 or more tree like, triangular-shaped cookie cutters. Place on wax paper, on flat surface, sharp edges down.
5. Pack each cookie cutter with puffed rice mixture; gently push mixture out onto wax paper; insert a wooden skewer in each. Repeat, greasing cookie cutter each time, until 15 trees are made.
6. Decorate trees with decorating gels, candy dots, sprinkles, or colored sugars, as pictured. Tie bow of gold cord on each skewer. Then arrange trees side by side in baking pan; cover with saran until needed. Makes 15 4-by-3-inch tree lollipops.