Raisin Bran Shortbread Cookies
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisin bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir in sifted dry ingredients, nuts and Raisin Bran, mixing well.
3. Using level tablespoonfuls, shape dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter; place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with tines of fork.
4. Bake in moderately hot oven (400° F.) about 10 minutes or until done.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°F.) about 12 minutes or until done.