Raisin Bran Shortbread Cookies
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisin bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir in sifted dry ingredients, nuts and Raisin Bran, mixing well.
3. Using level tablespoonfuls, shape dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter; place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with tines of fork.
4. Bake in moderately hot oven (400° F.) about 10 minutes or until done.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°F.) about 12 minutes or until done.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2368 Calories from Fat 1232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 138 g211.7%
Saturated Fat 66.4 g332.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 455.5 mg151.8%
Sodium 1434.2 mg59.8%
Total Carbohydrates 259 g86.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.6%
Sugars 126.9 g
Protein 39 g77.9%
Vitamin A 72% Vitamin C
Calcium 54.4% Iron 63.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet