Crackle Peanut Brittle
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanuts||2 Cup (32 tbs) (salted)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in a 2-quart oven-proof glass mixing bowl/pitcher. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 6 minutes at HIGH, or until sugar is dissolved.
2. Stir peanuts into syrup. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 8 minutes at HIGH; stir every 2 minutes.
3. Stir butter into mixture. Cook uncovered in microwave oven to hard-crack stage (8 to 10 minutes at HIGH); stir every 2 minutes.
4. Add baking soda and vanilla extract and mix well. Pour onto 2 lightly buttered baking sheets, spreading as thinly as possible.
5. As soon as candy is cool enough to handle, wet hands with water and stretch as thin as desired. Turn candy over and cool completely.
6. When firm and cool, break into medium-size pieces. Store in a tightly covered container.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4254 Calories from Fat 1281
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 153 g234.7%
Saturated Fat 25.1 g125.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.5 mg7.2%
Sodium 3001.7 mg125.1%
Total Carbohydrates 710 g236.5%
Dietary Fiber 24.8 g99.3%
Sugars 503.2 g
Protein 75 g150.8%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C
Calcium 32% Iron 74.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet