Easy Oatmeal Cookies
|Oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Combine flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt then mix well. Set aside.
2. Put the butter in a mixing bowl then cream using an electric mixer.
3. Gradually add the light brown sugar while beating. Continue beating until the texture becomes fluffy.
4. Add-in the vanilla extract then continue mixing for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Put-in the egg then beat in low-speed for another minute.
6. Gradually add the oats and mix until fully distributed.
7. Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture (flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon) then mix again.
8. Add the raisins and incorporate with the other ingredients.
9. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
10. Place a wax or parchment paper on top of the cookie sheet or baking tray. Scoop some of the mixture and arrange on top of the wax/parchment paper. Flatten the mixture to a thickness of about 1/2 inch.
11. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
12. Remove the cookie from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
13. Transfer to a cooling grid to completely cool.
14. Serve. Share and enjoy!