I am proud to present to you this special recipe post on Sugar Cookies. This is a simple cookie recipe but what makes this special are the people involved in putting the pieces together – my kids. Just so you know, I am currently taking a special course in cake decorating. My kids love to watch me while I design cakes and cookies. I taught them the basics of icing a cake; they learn fast and were able to design and bake their own cookies after a few tries
All purpose flour
2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs), softened
Granulated white sugar
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl then mix together. Set aside.
3. Cream butter for a minute using an electric mixer then add sugar and continue creaming for another minute.
4. Add egg and vanilla extract then continue mixing in low speed until all ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Gradually beat-in the flour mixture and mix (in low speed) for 2 minutes.
6. Scoop about 1 to 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll them into balls.
7. Arrange in a backing tray lined with parchment or wax paper.
8. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes.
9. Let cool using a wire rack then decorate, if desired.