Oatmeal Cookies with Vegan Buttercream and Spice Icing
|For the dough|
|Soy butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (Vegan)|
|Organic brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (vegan organic brown sugar)|
|Organic white sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (vegan organic white sugar)|
|Organic vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg replacer||2 Tablespoon (equivalent to 2 regular eggs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Organic cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Organic spelt flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Organic oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Raisin||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the icing|
|Organic powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs) (vegan organic powdered sugar)|
|Soy butter||3 Tablespoon, softened (Vegan)|
|Non hydrogenated shortening||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
|For the spice icing|
|Organic cinnamon powder||25 Gram|
|Clove powder||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree.
2. Prepare a baking tray line it with parchment paper.
3. In a stand mixer bowl combine the softened soy butter, brown sugar and the white sugar and cream them together on medium high setting for 1-2 minute.
4. Scrape the sides if needed, add the vanilla extract and blend.
5. In a bowl combine little water with the egg replacer and beat it until fluffy.
6. Once done add it to the mixing bowl and whisk on low setting for a minute.
7. Add the salt, baking soda and cinnamon powder, gradually add the flour and continue to mix on medium setting.
8. Add the oats and incorporate it with the other ingredients, add the raisins and give it a final stir.
9. Using a scooper, scoop small quantity of the mixture and place it on the baking tray.
10. Once done bake it for 8-10 minutes.
11. Remove from the oven and let it cool on a cooling rack.
12. In another mixing bowl combine the powdered sugar, soy butter and shortening.
13. Using a hand mixer, cream everything and if it gets lumpy then gradually add the soy milk until you achieve the desired texture. Start with the low setting and the turn to high.
14. Once done divide the buttercream mixture in two separate bowls, in one bowl add the spices and whip until everything is well incorporated.
15. Transfer the icing into two separate piping bag and pipe out both the icing on the cookies.
16. Serve the oatmeal cookies along with a cup of hot tea or coffee.