|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brewer's yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Non-fat dry milk powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||3 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream the butter and 1/2 cup sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the molasses and egg.
3. Sift together the unbleached white flour, whole wheat flour, soy flour, yeast, dry milk, salt, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon.
4. Stir the sifted dry ingredients into the creamed mixture. Stir in the wheat germ. Mix until the ingredients are well blended.
5. Form the dough (it's fairly soft) into balls the size of a walnut. Roll in sugar and place 2 inches apart on an oiled baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and the tops are crackled. Cool on a wire rack.