|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brewer's yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Non-fat dry milk powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||3 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream the butter and 1/2 cup sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the molasses and egg.
3. Sift together the unbleached white flour, whole wheat flour, soy flour, yeast, dry milk, salt, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon.
4. Stir the sifted dry ingredients into the creamed mixture. Stir in the wheat germ. Mix until the ingredients are well blended.
5. Form the dough (it's fairly soft) into balls the size of a walnut. Roll in sugar and place 2 inches apart on an oiled baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and the tops are crackled. Cool on a wire rack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3222 Calories from Fat 942
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g168.7%
Saturated Fat 61.3 g306.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 468 mg156%
Sodium 3711.7 mg154.7%
Total Carbohydrates 504 g167.9%
Dietary Fiber 35.4 g141.7%
Sugars 276.2 g
Protein 84 g168.7%
Vitamin A 62.6% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 130.8% Iron 177.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet