Weight Watcher recipe for Black and White cookies, supposed to be MINI, mine turned out normal size! Woops!
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
All purpose flour
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
Fat free skim milk
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
3 Dash (or parchment paper sheets)
2 Cup (32 tbs), divided
4 Tablespoon, divided (or more if necessary)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray or cover with parchment paper.
1. In a large bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar, using an electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Add whole eggs, one at a time, and incorporate with mixer; blend in vanilla extract and lemon zest.
2. In a separate medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt and mix together. Add half of flour mixture to butter mixture; add milk and beat well. Add remaining flour mixture and beat well.
3. In another medium bowl, whip egg whites with a wire whisk, until soft peaks form; gently fold egg whites into cookie batter.
4. Drop batter by heaping teaspoons onto cookie sheets; batter should remain in high mounds. Leave at least 2-inches of space between each mound of batter.
5. Bake cookies until edges turn slightly brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheets for 1 to 2 minutes; move to wire racks and let cool completely.
6. To make vanilla icing: In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of boiling water and vanilla extract; beat until smooth.
7. To make chocolate icing: In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of powdered sugar, cocoa and 2 tablespoons of boiling water; beat until smooth. Add a little more water, a teaspoon at a time, if icing is too dry.
8. Using a pastry brush or flexible spatula, paint half of the flat side of each cooled cookie with vanilla icing and the second half with chocolate icing. Allow icing to dry completely before serving.
9. Serve this Black and White Cookies with warm milk.
(NOTE: Make sure to ice the flat side of each cookie. You should always use the vanilla icing first)
Here is an excellent video that shares a wonderful recipe for a perfect snack for the people who follow a healthy lifestyle. This recipe for black and white cookie is for the weight watchers and made with low fat unsweetened ingredients. Check it out...