Half candy, half cookie, is there any better combination than salt, dark chocolate and butter? Only five ingredients for this irrisistible treat.
1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 sticks)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil.
3. Take the foil lines baking sheet and arrange the saltine crackers on it in a single layer, touching each other to form a sheet. Set aside.
4. In a saucepan on medium heat, put butter and brown sugar.
5. Bring it to boil stirring occasionally.
6. Remove it from heat and add baking soda. Stir to incorporate.
7. Pour this mixture over the saltine crackers and spread to coat evenly.
8. Bake for 8 minutes or till done. Remove from oven.
9. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips all over the saltine sheet and allow to melt in the warmth.
10. Spread it with a spatula to cover evenly.
11. Let it cool completely or put in the fridge to fasten the process.
12. Break it into chunks before serving.
13. In a serving plate, arrange the saltine chocolate snack and serve with choice of drinks or just like that or store in an air tight container.
Here's a sweet and salty chocolate flavored snack which kids and adults alike will relish. It is easy to make using very few ingredients. This is a nice recipe to follow if you have an upcoming kids party to host.