Stained Glass Stars
|Heirloom sugar cookies||200 Gram|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red sour ball candies||1 Pound|
1. Prepare and chill HEIRLOOM SUGAR cookies through
2. Roll out dough, a quarter at a time to a 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured pastry cloth or board. Cut into stars with a 3-inch cutter; then cut out a 1 1/2-inch star from center!of each cookie.
3. Brush cookie sheets generously with vegetable oil. (This makes cookies easier to remove from sheets.)
4. Place cookies, no more than 6 at a time, onto prepared cookie sheets. Place a sour ball into hole in center of each star.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 10 minutes, or until candy melts and cookies are golden. Cool on cookie sheets on wire racks 2 minutes. Gently loosen around each star with a long sharp knife, then transfer to wire racks with pancake turner to cool completely. (If candy centers become too firm, return cookies to oven (For 2 minutes, or until candy melts slightly, then remove from pan at once.)