|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Green food coloring||6 Drop|
|Red food coloring||6 Drop|
|Colored sugars||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red hot cinnamon candy||6|
|Semi-sweet chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ornamental frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Beat butter or margarine, sugar and egg yolks in large bowl with electric mixer at high speed 3 minutes, or until fluffy. Blend in vanilla, lemon extract and salt. Stir in flour gradually to make a soft dough.
2. Divide dough into 3 parts; tint one part pink with red food coloring and another with green food coloring.
3. Fit your favorite plate or disk onto cookie press; fill press with one color dough. Press dough out onto un greased cookie sheets. (Rinse out cookie press before filling with another color dough.) Decorate some cookies with colored sugars or cinnamon red-hots before baking.
4. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 8 minutes, or until firm; remove from cookie steets to wire racks with spatula; cool completely.
5. Melt chocolate and shortening in top of a double boiler over hot water; spread on top of some of the cookies and sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Decorate other cookies with ornamental frosting, colored sugars and cinnamon red-hots. Store between wax paper layers in metal tin.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8967 Calories from Fat 3674
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 416 g640.1%
Saturated Fat 208.6 g1043.2%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 1281 mg427%
Sodium 1290.5 mg53.8%
Total Carbohydrates 1272 g423.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.2 g72.6%
Sugars 855.1 g
Protein 66 g131.9%
Vitamin A 181.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 26.2% Iron 136%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet