Cardamom Maple Spritz Cookies
|Vegetable shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar replacement||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated fructose||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Maple flavor||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Ground cardamom||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Beat the shortening until light using an electric mixer.
2. Combine sugar replacement and fructose in a bowl; stir to mix.
3. Gradually beat sugar-replacement mixture into creamed shortening.
4. Beat in egg, vanilla, and maple flavoring.
5. Combine flour, cardamom, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl; stir to mix.
6. Gradually stir flour mixture into creamed mixture.
7. Press dough from a cookie press (use thin setting or small tip) onto ungreased cookie sheets, following press manufacturer's directions.
8. Bake at 375° F (190° C) for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges of cookies are delicately browned.
9. Move to cooling racks.