Peanut Butter Chocolate Squares
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Sift flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda onto wax paper.
2. Beat butter or margarine, peanut butter and molasses in medium-size bowl until fluffy with electric mixer at medium speed; add sugar gradually, beating until mixture is well blended.
3. Beat in egg until fluffy; beat in vanilla; turn mixer speed to low.
4. Add sifted dry ingredients, a third at a time, beating just until blended; spread batter in a greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 40 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched with fingertip.
6. Sprinkle chocolate pieces over top; return to oven for 2 to 3 minutes, or until chocolate is melted; spread with knife to frost.
7. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into 16 squares.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3258 Calories from Fat 1560
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 181 g278.5%
Saturated Fat 78.9 g394.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 453.4 mg151.1%
Sodium 2495.5 mg104%
Total Carbohydrates 386 g128.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.6%
Sugars 233.9 g
Protein 48 g96.1%
Vitamin A 61.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 66.9% Iron 90.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet