Peanut Butter Chocolate Squares
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Sift flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda onto wax paper.
2. Beat butter or margarine, peanut butter and molasses in medium-size bowl until fluffy with electric mixer at medium speed; add sugar gradually, beating until mixture is well blended.
3. Beat in egg until fluffy; beat in vanilla; turn mixer speed to low.
4. Add sifted dry ingredients, a third at a time, beating just until blended; spread batter in a greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 40 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched with fingertip.
6. Sprinkle chocolate pieces over top; return to oven for 2 to 3 minutes, or until chocolate is melted; spread with knife to frost.
7. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into 16 squares.