Baked Gingerbread Boys
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (light)|
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
1. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat butter or margarine, brown sugar, and molasses until light and fluffy. Add egg and remaining ingredients except Frosting "Paint"; beat at low speed until well mixed, constantly scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Shape dough into a ball; wrap dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours until firm.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 2 large cookie sheets. On lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll one-half of dough 1/4 inch thick, keeping remaining dough refrigerated. With 8-inch-long gingerbread-boy cookie cutter, cut as many cookies as possible; reserve trimmings. With pancake turner, carefully place cookies on cookie sheets.
3. Bake cookies 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool. Repeat with remaining dough and trimmings.
4. Prepare Frosting "Paint."
5. Decorate gingerbread boys: Place cookies on waxed-paper-lined cookie sheets. With small and medium artist's brushes and decorating bag with decorating tubes, decorate gingerbread boys as desired. Set aside to allow frosting to dry completely, about 2 hours. Store in tightly covered containers.