Dads Oatmeal Cookies
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oatmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a large bowl, cream the shortening very well.
2. Gradually beat in the sugar, and the egg and vanilla.
3. Add raisins and oatmeal, and mix well.
4. Blend flour, soda, salt and baking powder, then add slowly to creamed mixture.
5. Roll into small balls (size of a walnut) and place on greased cookie sheet.
6. Flatten with a fork.
7. Bake at 300°, 10-12 minutes.