Thumbprint Cookies - Festive Christmas Cookie
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), finely chopped|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 Medium (store the egg whites in a separate bowl)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2. Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix together shortening, butter, brown sugar, egg yolks and vanilla.
4. Stir in flour and salt.
5. Continue stirring until dough holds together.
6. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites slightly.
7. Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
8. Dip each cookie ball into egg whites and then roll them in pecans.
9. Place cookies 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
10 Gently press thumb into the center of each cookie
11. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
12. Let cool and then fill thumbprints with jelly or tinted icing.
13.Take out of the oven, display these colorful cookies on a plate and serve.
You can use different colors of icing and different flavors of jelly.
For the colored icing add the prepared icing with your choice of colors and stir.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4509 Calories from Fat 2975
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 344 g530%
Saturated Fat 98.7 g493.5%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 612.1 mg204%
Sodium 1036.9 mg43.2%
Total Carbohydrates 331 g110.3%
Dietary Fiber 25.5 g101.9%
Sugars 118.9 g
Protein 50 g99.1%
Vitamin A 67.1% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 33.6% Iron 101.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet