Vegan Christmas Sugar cookie - Part 1 : The Dough
|Silken soft tofu||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), well blended to cream|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Vegan Earth Balance)|
|Soft tofu||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Well Blended To Cream Silken)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Red food coloring||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla soy milk||2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat your sweet little oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, beat 1 cup of margarine until creamy.
3. Then gradually mix in sugar, until smooth and fluffy.
4. Next, beat in processed silken soft Tofu, and vanilla, beat until smooth.
5. When margarine mixture is smooth and creamy, gradually beat in flour.
6. Take wax, or aluminum paper and spread it out over a flat surface cover in flour.
7. Take the dough and flatten on the aluminum/wax paper overtop the flour, pat flour on top of the dough as well.
8. Take a roller pin and roll the dough out with and flatten the dough to about ¼ of an inch thick all around.
9. Use cookie dough cutters to cut out Santa heads, candy canes, stockings, or whatever shape you might want to use.
10. Move the shaped cookies gently with a spatula to a well greased cookie sheet, use non-stick baking spray.
11. Place cookies in oven for 10-13 minutes.
12. Begin Making Icing by mixing all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
13. Once mixed together separate the icing into 4-7 containers, depending on how many colors you would like to use.
14. In each container, pick a color from the food coloring and drop one to two drops of that color in its container. Do the same for the other containers of icing.
15. Once you take the cookies out of the oven paint the cookies with the icing any color you would like to use with knife or pastrybrush.
For more information please visit: http://www.eat-me-tv.com