Toffee Covered Cookies
|Coffee||1 Tablespoon, finley ground|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||4 Ounce, melted|
|Butter||3 Ounce, melted|
|Hazelnuts||3 Ounce, chopped|
1. Beat eggs and sugar until foamy. Combine flour, coffee, and cocoa.
2. Sprinkle a 10 x 10-inch greased cake pan with fine bread crumbs.
3. Sift the dry mixture into the egg batter. Stir in the melted butter. Pour the batter into the pan and bake in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes.
4. Pour on the icing and bake another 8 minutes in a 400°F oven until the icing has turned light brown.
5. Let cool before cutting into 35 squares.
6. To make the icing: Simmer all ingredients in a saucepan, beating until mixture is smooth.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3278 Calories from Fat 1966
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 226 g347.8%
Saturated Fat 110.5 g552.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 851.2 mg283.7%
Sodium 567.9 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 301 g100.2%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.8%
Sugars 204.2 g
Protein 41 g81.5%
Vitamin A 109.6% Vitamin C 8.9%
Calcium 61.9% Iron 73.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet