Toffee Covered Cookies
|Coffee||1 Tablespoon, finley ground|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||4 Ounce, melted|
|Butter||3 Ounce, melted|
|Hazelnuts||3 Ounce, chopped|
1. Beat eggs and sugar until foamy. Combine flour, coffee, and cocoa.
2. Sprinkle a 10 x 10-inch greased cake pan with fine bread crumbs.
3. Sift the dry mixture into the egg batter. Stir in the melted butter. Pour the batter into the pan and bake in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes.
4. Pour on the icing and bake another 8 minutes in a 400°F oven until the icing has turned light brown.
5. Let cool before cutting into 35 squares.
6. To make the icing: Simmer all ingredients in a saucepan, beating until mixture is smooth.