Vanilla Almond Macaroons
|Almond paste||1⁄2 Pound|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to slow (300° F.).
2. Chop the almond paste, add the sugar and work with the fingers until blended.
3. Add the egg whites, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Use only enough egg white to make a soft "dough" that will hold its shape when dropped from a spoon. Add the salt and vanilla.
4. Force the mixture through a plain round pastry tube, well apart, in rounds on unglazed paper that has been fitted onto a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
5. Bake about twenty minutes. Remove the sheet of macaroons to a damp cloth, paper side down, to loosen the cookies for easy removal from the paper. Cool on a rack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1626 Calories from Fat 528
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 286.3 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 244 g81.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.6%
Sugars 214.1 g
Protein 30 g59.8%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.38%
Calcium 39.7% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet