Vanilla Almond Macaroons
|Almond paste||1⁄2 Pound|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to slow (300° F.).
2. Chop the almond paste, add the sugar and work with the fingers until blended.
3. Add the egg whites, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Use only enough egg white to make a soft "dough" that will hold its shape when dropped from a spoon. Add the salt and vanilla.
4. Force the mixture through a plain round pastry tube, well apart, in rounds on unglazed paper that has been fitted onto a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
5. Bake about twenty minutes. Remove the sheet of macaroons to a damp cloth, paper side down, to loosen the cookies for easy removal from the paper. Cool on a rack.