Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bittersweet chocolate chips||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter stick||1 (1/2 cup)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
|Candy canes||4 , crushed|
MAKES ABOUT 2.5 DOZEN COOKIES USING A 1.5T COOKIE SCOOP:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Whisk well to combine.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine bittersweet chocolate, butter and melt in microwave. Stir every 30 seconds until melted.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, sugar, vanilla and whisk well.
- Add chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and stir well to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips until combined.
- Scoop out mixture onto baking sheet as shown in the video and pop into oven.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes and once done allow to cool completely.
- Dip half of cookie into melted white chocolate and sprinkle crushed candy cane over it.
- Serve and enjoy!
Microwave safe bowl
1.5T cookie scoop
Calories 574 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39%
Saturated Fat 15 g75%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.1 mg25.7%
Sodium 260.6 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.2%
Sugars 61.3 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 7% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet