Melody's Frosted Maple Pecan Cookies
|Earth balance margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (all purpose or gluten free)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Quick oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dates||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Toasted pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for garnishing)|
|Tofutti cream cheese||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Earth balance margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Maple flavoring||1 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine margarine, brown sugar, maple syrup and blend using hand blender.
- Add flour, salt, oats, pecans, dates and stir well.
- Place heaping tablespoonfuls of mixture on to baking sheet and pop into oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- For frosting, whip together cream cheese, margarine, maple flavoring and powdered sugar.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely and frost with frosting.
- Garnish with pecans.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories 505 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.9%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6850.2 mg285.4%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 48 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C 0.17%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet