|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Unsalted buter||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large, minced|
|Chopped leeks||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Creme fraiche||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the asparagus tips about 1 inch from the top, cut about 1 inch from the bottom and keep them in separate bowls.
2. Cut the center stem in about ½ inch pieces.
3. In a pot, put the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
4. Add in the bottom woody stalks of asparagus and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Using a skimmer remove the bottom stalks from the stock.
6. In the same simmering stock, put the asparagus tips and allow to cook for about a minute, remove then using skimmer and place in ice water.
7. Once the asparagus tips are cooled, remove them and place them on a kitchen paper.
8. In another pot on medium heat, melt the butter and saute the leeks for about 3 minutes.
9. Add in the garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
10. Increase the heat and in the white wine and reduce it for few minutes.
11. Lower the heat and put in the asparagus stem, white peppers and salt, and cook for 3 minutes.
12. Pour in the reserved stock, reduce the heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
13. Take the pot off the heat, and using emersion blender, puree the asparagus mixture.
14. Pour in the cream and stir, taste and adjust salt if needed.
15. Return the pot back on heat and heat for 3 minutes.
16. In a white soup bowl, ladle the pureed soup and garnish it with asparagus tips and crème fraiche.
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.4 mg15.1%
Sodium 678.5 mg28.3%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.5%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 14 g27.8%
Vitamin A 61.7% Vitamin C 34.4%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 42.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet