Continental Pot Roast
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Topside of beef||1 Kilogram|
|Brown stock/Water and 1/2 beef stock cube||150 Milliliter|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Canned tomatoes||400 Gram (1 can)|
|Corn flour||15 Milliliter|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (a little)|
|Black olives||100 Gram, stoned|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In the cooker, heat the lard or margarine. add the onion and garlic, and fry until light golden brown.
3) Lift out onion and garlic and drain well.
4) Brown the beef well on all sides, lift out and drain off excess lard or margarine from the cooker.
5) Stir in the Beaujolais and stock or water and stock cube into the cooker and stir well to remove any residues from the base of the cooker.
6) Put the trivet into the cooker, rim side down.
7) Stand the beef on the trivet and season well with salt and pepper.
8) Put the onion, garlic and tomatoes around the meat with the bay leaf.
9) Place the lid to close the cooker, bring to h pressure and cook for 25 minutes.
10) Reduce the pressure quickly.
11) Lift out the beef and discard the bay leaf.
12) Remove the trivet from the cooker.
13) Blend the cornflour with a little cold water and stir into the liquid.
14) Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, then simmer for 1 minute.
15) Add the olives to the sauce.
16) Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
17) Serve the meat with sauced pored around it.