Continental Salmon Loaf
|Salmon steak||4 Ounce (1 piece, 3/4 inch thick)|
|Thinly sliced green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|Dried whole dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped pistachio nuts||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Lemon||1 , cut into wedges|
1) Wash the salmon with cold water and pat dry.
2) In a 1-quart casserole, arrange the salmon and cover it with heavy-duty plastic wrap. Vent the plastic.
3) Microwave the salmon on HIGH for 4 minutes, till the fish easily flakes when tested with a fork. After 2 minutes of cooking, turn the steaks once.
4) Let the salmon cool to room temperature.
5) Remove the fish-€™s skin and flake it from the bones. Set aside.
6) In the casserole, combine together the oil and green onions.
7) Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 1 ½ minutes, till the onions are soft.
8) Add the flour and stir well.
9) Add the milk very gradually, stirring constantly.
10) Microwave once again, uncovered, on MEDIUM for 9 to 12 minutes, till the mixture has thickened. Stir every 2 minutes.
11) Add the eggs, reserve salmon, dillweed, salt and pepper. Gently stir the contents.
12) With wax paper, cover the casserole and put it in the microwave after inverting so that the sauce is on top.
13) Microwave at MEDIUM-HIGH for 8 to 10 minutes, till set. After every 4 minutes, rotate the casserole a half-turn.
14) Chill the preparation thoroughly.
15) On a serving plate, invert the chilled salmon mixture and serve as an appetizer, side dish or even a snack.