|Gooseberries||1 Pound, topped and tailed (450g)|
|Caster sugar||To Taste|
|Green food color||3 Drop (few drops)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 ml)|
|Almonds||1 Ounce, toasted or slivered (25 g, to finish)|
1) In a pan, bring the gooseberries and water to a boil, then simmer until tender.
2) Allow to slightly cool, then stir in the sugar to taste.
3) Blend into a smooth puree in an electric blender or rub through a sieve.
4) Then stir in the food colouring and allow to cool.
5) In a bowl, beat the cream and milk together until the mixture is thick, then fold into the gooseberry puree.
6) In 4 to 6 individual freezerproof serving dishes, spoon the mixture and refrigerate until set.
7) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Cover each dish with a foil, then place in freezer bags, seal, label and freeze.
8) Sprinkle the Gooseberry Fool with almonds and serve.
9) If using the frozen dish, unwrap, then thaw in the refrigerator for 6 hours and serve as indicated in step 8.