An Old Fashioned Meal
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen vegetables for stew||24 Ounce (1 Bag)|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper||1 Medium, washed, de-seeded and cut into strips|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Refrigerated biscuits||10 Ounce, separated and cut in half, crosswise (1 Package)|
|Chopped parsley/Chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||1⁄2 Pint|
|Mixed salad greens||5 Cup (80 tbs), washed and crisped|
|Prepared salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen pound cake||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Whipped heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sweetened with confectioners sugar|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon pudding and pie filling||21 Ounce (1 Can Of 1 Pound, 5 Ounce)|
|Freshly grated lemon peel||2 Teaspoon|
1. Thaw the frozen cake.
2. Wash and halve cherry tomatoes. Add to greens in bowl; refrigerate.
3. Combine ground beef, salt, allspice, 1/4 teaspoon of the thyme and the pepper and mix well.
4. Shape beef mixture into a 5-inch square, and cut into 16 cubes. Keep aside.
5. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil.
6. Add vegetables to boiling water and cook for 20 minute or until tender-crisp.
7. In the meantime, in a large skillet, heat the oil.
8. Brown the beef cubes evenly on all sides.
9. Add pepper strips to the skillet and sautÃ© with beef cubes for 5 minutes.
10. Pour in the mushroom soup and beef broth and stir in remaining thyme.
11. Bring to boiling; then reduce heat, and simmer, for 10 minutes.
12. Arrange biscuits on a baking sheet.
13. Bake for 10 minutes in hot oven, until golden brown.
14. To make the dessert, sweeten whipped cream with sugar and fold 1/4 cup of it into half of lemon filling. Reserve remaining lemon filling for another use.
15. Slice pound cake carefully into three equal layers using a pastry knife.
16. Sandwich layers and frost sides with lemon cream.
17. Swirl remaining whipped cream on top.
18. Refrigerate until serving.
19. Drain vegetables, mix with beef cubes. Turn into a casserole. Arrange golden baked biscuits around edge and garnish with chives.
20. Serve salad with dressing on the side.
21. Garnish cake with grated lemon peel, slice and serve for dessert.
22. Accompany meal with wine and serve coffee at the end if you like.