Sweet Sour Short Ribs
|Beef short ribs||3 Pound|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Beef bouillon cubes/Chicken bouillon cubes||1|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Liquid artificial sweetener||2 Tablespoon|
1) Make light gashes on both the sides of the meat using a sharp knife.
2) Dredge the meat with paprika and garlic powder.
3) In a bowl, mix together bouillon cube with boiling water, until well incorporated.
4) Add vinegar, soy sauce, lemon juice, and sweetener to the bouillon mixture.
5) Place the meat in a glass bowl and marinate it with bouillon mixture.
6) Allow it to stand for 2 hours turning occasionally.
7) Drain the meat and reserve the marinade.
8) On a hot grill, barbeque the meat above 3 inch from the glowing coals.
9) Baste the meat frequently with the reserved marinade.
10) While cooking flip the meat as needed until cooked to medium rare.
11) Slice the meat diagonally.
12) Serve the meat on the serving plate with hot mustard on side if desired.
13) Season the ribs with salt and pepper while serving.
Calories 1337 Calories from Fat 1113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g190.2%
Saturated Fat 53.7 g268.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 258.6 mg86.2%
Sodium 814.3 mg33.9%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.83%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 49 g97.5%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet