|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Flour||6 Ounce (S. R)|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||2 Tablespoon|
|Raspberry jam||1⁄2 Pound (For Decoration)|
|Desiccated coconut||4 Ounce|
1. Preheat the oven to Regulo 4 or 350°F.
2. Take 18 Madelene tins or small castle pudding tins, grease and flour them.
3. In a stand mixer, add margarine. Beat until fluffy. Add sugar gradually and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time and continue beating. Then add the flour and beat. Add vanilla essence and a little water in the end and beat until a nice, creamy, silky batter with a dropping consistency is formed. Add water to control the consistency.
4. Using a spoon, half fill the tins and stand them on a baking tray.
5. Bake a third of the way down the oven, for 15 to 25 minutes.
6. Remove the cakes from oven and let it to cool; then trim top level, if necessary, so they stand up straight.
7. In a basin, add in jam with 2 tablespoons of water in a basin and let it soften over hot water.
8. On a piece of greaseproof paper, pile the desiccated coconut.
9. Apply warmed jam over the cakes. It is easiest to hold the cakes on a skewer.
10. Dip each brushed cake in desiccated coconut to coat.
11. Keep the cakes in their paper cases and keep 1/2 a glace cherry on each.
12. Serve the warm cakes with tea.