|Water||2 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Gill)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Custard powder||1⁄2 Pint|
|Milk||4 Fluid Ounce|
|Evaporated milk||4 Fluid Ounce (1 Gill)|
1. Remove the top and tails of the gooseberries and wash.
2. In a saucepan gently stew the gooseberries with water and sugar until soft
3. In a separate saucepan, add custard powder, milk and sugar and heat, bring to a boil stirring continuously to avoid lump formation and remove from heat.
4. Pass the stewed gooseberries through a sieve to form a puree, add lemon juice.
5. In a bowl add prepared custard to the gooseberry puree and whisk in evaporated milk into the fruit mixture
6. Pour the fruit mixture into serving glasses and refrigerate.
7. Serve chilled with shortbread biscuits separately.
Calories 759 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.1 mg7.7%
Sodium 329 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 166 g55.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.7%
Sugars 37.4 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 125.2%
Calcium 28.7% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet