|Unflavored gelatin||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Orange flavored low calorie soda||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange food color||1 Dash|
|Honeydew melon||1 , cut in halves lengthwise|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) In small saucepan, soak gelatine in 1/4 cup of orange beverage.
2) Heat the saucepan gently and mix to dissolve the gelatine.
3) Take off from the heat.
4) Add in the remaining beverage and colouring.
5) Pour the mixture in a bowl and place it in the refrigerator, until chill.
6) Stir the mixture occasionally until the mixture is thick in consistency.
7) Discard the seeds of melon.
8) Remove half of the flesh from each of melon sections, leaving the shells of ½ inch.
9) Toss the melon flesh in lemon juice and then dice.
10) In a bowl, place the melon dices and mix it with thick gelatine mixture.
11) Stuff the melon shells with the gelatine mixture.
12) Refrigerate the shells until chilled and set.
13) Cut each melon halve in 3 slices and serve on a dessert plate garnished with mint sprig, if desired.
Calories 93 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.3 g0.47%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.42%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 60.5 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 65.9%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet