Blanquette De Veal
|Fresh mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Boneless veal||3 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Whole onions||1 Pound (16 Small Ones)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Instant chicken bouillon granules||1 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), snipped|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a pan combine water, salt, onion and cook for about 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
3. In a saucepan heat butter or margarine and cook mushrooms in till tender, remove and set aside.
4. In the same saucepan over medium-low heat, add veal and garlic; cook, covered, for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently; but do not brown the meat.
5. In a casserole, arrange mushroom, meat and onions.
6. Measure the pan juices and add enough water to make 1 cup liquid; return liquid to pan.
7. Blend together light cream and flour; add to the pan juices.
8. Stir in bouillon granules, sherry, salt, and pepper; cook till mixture is thick and bubbly, stirring continuously.
9. Pour the liquid over mushroom, meat and onions in the casserole.
10. Bake in 350° F oven about 1 hour or till meat is tender in sherry.
11. Sprinkle with parsley and serve the stew hot with hot cooked noodles.
Calories 1084 Calories from Fat 520
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.8%
Saturated Fat 28.2 g140.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 477.5 mg159.2%
Sodium 1136.5 mg47.4%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 109 g217.8%
Vitamin A 22.3% Vitamin C 26.2%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet