Down East Codfish Bake
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Dried onion flakes||2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Cod fillets||1 Pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken bouillon||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon curls||2 (For Garnish)|
|Watercress/Parsley||2 Ounce (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Coat the bottom of a baking pan with butter.
3) In the baking pan, mix together mushroom, onions and chopped parsley.
4) Place the fish fillets on the vegetables and sprinkle with salt and parsley.
5) In a cup, combine vinegar and bouillon together and spoon over fish.
6) Bake the fish in the oven for 25 minutes or until the fish is tender.
7) Remove the pan from oven.
8) In a small saucepan, drain the liquid from the pan.
9) Heat the liquid until it is lessen by half its volume.
10) Slowly stream the liquid over the fish and vegetables.
11) Gently flake the fish to bite size pieces.
12) Put the pan back in oven for 4 minutes just to heat thoroughly.
12) Carefully place the fish on the serving plate and garnish it with watercress or parsley and lemon curls.