Homemade Biscuit Mix
|Flour||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lard/1 1/2 cups lard for hard wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Soft Wheat)|
1. Into a large basin or wide vessel, sift together the dry ingredients.
2. Cut large into bead size pieces and add to the flour mixture.
3. Cut in or rub in the lard using a pastry blender or your fingertips, until the mixture resembles crumbs and all the fat has been incorporated into the flour.
4. Tip the biscuit mix into an airtight container.
5. Seal, label and refrigerate the biscuit mix for up to 1-2 months, until ready to use.
6. Use the biscuit mix to prepare various kinds of biscuits or cookies or use to prepare pie crusts if you like.