Easy Sally Lunn
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Plus More For Sprinkling)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Grease two (8 x 8 x 2 inches) pans.
3. In a bowl cream butter and gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
4. Beat eggs well and add milk.
5. To the sugar mixture add sifted flour, baking powder and salt alternately with liquid, beating until smooth.
6. Place the mixture into two greased pans and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
7. Bake in preheated hot oven for about 20 minutes.
8. Once done remove from the oven and make 9 pieces out of each square.
9. Serve the cut squares warm alongside beverages or as snacks.