Easy Sally Lunn
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Plus More For Sprinkling)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Grease two (8 x 8 x 2 inches) pans.
3. In a bowl cream butter and gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
4. Beat eggs well and add milk.
5. To the sugar mixture add sifted flour, baking powder and salt alternately with liquid, beating until smooth.
6. Place the mixture into two greased pans and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
7. Bake in preheated hot oven for about 20 minutes.
8. Once done remove from the oven and make 9 pieces out of each square.
9. Serve the cut squares warm alongside beverages or as snacks.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2267 Calories from Fat 978
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g170.8%
Saturated Fat 65.5 g327.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 687.5 mg229.2%
Sodium 2885.4 mg120.2%
Total Carbohydrates 276 g91.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.4%
Sugars 80.1 g
Protein 47 g93.5%
Vitamin A 70.7% Vitamin C 0.16%
Calcium 150.4% Iron 85.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet