|Beef dripping/Suet||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Onion||4 Ounce, finely chopped (100 Gram)|
|Medium oatmeal/Or use coarse type||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
1) In a thick pan,stir the beef dripping or suet very well until well-heated.
2) Now add the onion and fry well till brown.
3) When nicely browned, add the oatmeal, reduce the heat and continue to cook slowly for a minute till the oatmeal turns crispy.
4) Add required seasonings.
5) Serve with mince and/or potatoes for that traditional touch.
6) Scatter on to soup or mix through a green salad to give a contemporary touch.
Calories 500 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.9%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.6 mg9.5%
Sodium 156.8 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 57.6% Iron 167.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet