|Water||2 Pint (1.2 Liters)|
1) Allow the water to boil.
2) In a large frying pan, keep the kippers skin side up.
3) Now pour sufficient boiling water over them to cover.
4) If taken straight from the fridge then simmer the kippers for a minute on a moderate heat, then turn the heat off and leave them for 5 minutes.
5) If they have not been stored in the refrigerator then just pour boiling water over them and leave for 5 minutes.
6) Now they are ready to be served moist and very tasty without any fishy odour.
7) Serve with a poached egg on top before serving.