|Cottage cheese||8 Ounce|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soured cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven hot to 300°F, 150°C or Gas No. 2.
2) In a small saucepan melt butter and remove from heat.
3) Crumble the biscuit and with a fork mix with butter.
4) Blend the mixture and spread at the base of buttered, 8-inch (20-cm), round cake tin.
5) Spread evenly and press down firmly.
6) In a large mixing base pass the cottage cheese through a sieve.
7) Mix cream cheese and beat well.
8) Mix sugar and beat again.
9) Separate eggs, add yolks to the cheese mixture. Keep the whites in a separate basin.
10) Beat yolks and vanilla essence into the mixture.
11) Sift cornflour over the surface. Add the soured cream.
12) Beat white until stiff and fold in gently.
13) Transfer mixture into prepared tin.
14) Put below centre of a slow oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
15) Let stand the cheese cake in oven until cold.
16) Loosen the sides of the cheese cake and lift gently out of the tin.