Coquilles St Jacques
|Dry white wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||3 , chopped fine|
|Small white mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs), buttered (As Required)|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (As Required)|
1) In a pan, boil the scallops in the wine, drain and reserve the cooking liquid.
2) In a heavy pan, saute the shallots in the 3 tablespoons melted butter, until they are soft.
3) Stir in the sliced mushrooms and saute for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the mushrooms are dry.
4) Sprinkle and stir in the flour, then stir in the reserved scallop liquid and stir until smooth.
5) Allow to simmer gently for 7 to 8 minutes until reduced.
6) Stir in the cream and reduce further until the sauce is thick.
7) Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
8) Stir the scallops into the sauce, mix well.
9) Spoon the mixture into individual buttered scallop shells or ovenproof dishes, then cover and place in the refrigerator.
10) Sprinkle lightly with buttered bread crumbs and reheat in a oven or broil just before serving.
11) Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve on individual serving plates.