Coquilles St Jacques
|Reduced calorie margarine||4 Teaspoon, divided|
|All purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white table wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1 Dash (To Taste)|
|Mushrooms||4 Cup (64 tbs), sliced|
|Bay scallops/Sea scallops, cut into quarters||10 Ounce|
1) In a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon margarine over a medium heat until bubbly and stir in the flour, blend well.
2) Gradually stir in the milk and wine, blend well.
3) Stir in the garlic salt, onion salt, and pepper, stir constantly and cook until the mixture is smooth.
4) Allow to simmer over a low heat for 5 to 7 minutes until the sauce is thickened, turn off the heat and keep aside.
5) In a 10 inch non-stick skillet, saute the mushrooms in the margarine over a medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are tender. Remove and keep aside.
6) In the same skillet, stir in the scallops and saute for 3 to 4 minutes until opaque.
7) Stir in the sauce and mushrooms, stir frequently and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, until mixture is thoroughly heated.
8) Spoon the mixture into the scallop shells and serve immediately.